- We all know about the Earth's environmental crisis, but there is someone who can truly make a difference: you. If you text your friends or chat with them online, download music to your iPod, or toss bottles and papers into recycling bins, you're already more eco-savvy than you think. It's just as easy to do even more to help save the earth, and Generation Green shows you how. This book:
- Lays out the inside scoop on the biggest issues affecting our planet, such as global warming and overflowing landfills
- Offers dozens of tips on how to shop, dress, eat, and travel the green way
- Includes interviews with teens like you who are involved with fun, innovative green causes
Shows that being environmentally conscious can be a natural part of your life -- and your generation's contribution to turning things around.
- It doesn't matter if you can't vote or drive. Your efforts -- big or small -- will contribute to saving the planet. It's time for all of us to take action. It's time to go green!
Indie Girl: From Starting a Band to Launching a Fashion Company, Nine Ways to Turn Your Creative Talent Into Reality
Description of Book: Fun and inspirational, this do-it-yourself guide for artsy young women enables them to unleash their creative talents through independent and imaginative ventures, including designing clothing, organizing a poetry slam, starting a band, and publishing a 'zine. Start-to-finish explanations on how to organize, implement, and complete each activity are accompanied by creative and technical advice to ensure success. Filled with inspirational quotes by artists from a variety of backgrounds and professions, this book helps teen girls develop organizational and leadership skills and build self confidence while challenging them to do something interesting and original.