Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan

2/5 Stars

Don’t let the cover fool you, the book is just as confusing. It was a magical book for sure, but the starting is hard to follow and the change in character points of view can make it difficult to understand. If you find the Irish setting and older time periods interesting you may enjoy this. I can’t be sure though, the setting is never really stated, so it could only be guessed because of the odd way they happen to talk every once and a while. There is a fair amount of magic in this, along with tragedy mixed in with it. The ending also made me a little upset but it makes for a realistic one at that. I’m sorry to say I didn’t enjoy the book but then again I’m not into fantasy. I’d recommend this for anyone who enjoys the fantasy genre and I also agree with the age group. I give this book two out of five stars.

Stephanie B.

No comments: